Wednesday 25 May 2016

Hummingbird with copics and coloured pencils

Hello my dear friends,


First, I'd like to thank you for your patience. I've been really MIA in the crafting world, my real life has gotten very very busy and I haven't had a really chance to create anything. I'm hoping that in the near future things will change but we'll see. 



A couple of months ago, I was contacted and asked if I'd like to do a guest post for Wplus9. Guess what my creation was to that email - of course! I also have a little secret to share: I adore Dawn's designs and colouring skills and she's been one of the biggest inspiration to me to start to improve my colouring. Now I had a chance to guest for her and that gave me a bit of pressure. Hopefully I made you proud Dawn with this card, I really loved playing with your products and I really enjoyed colouring these beautiful images. 



I also made this into a video tutorial. You can watch it here or in HD in YouTube.




Supplies:
Stamps: Flora and Fauna 2 and Ranunculus
Inks: Hayride and Coconut Husk Pure Color Die Inks
Wplus9 Enamel Dots Autumn Splendor Red

Paper: Canson Bristol Smooth Card Stock 250gms/110lb
Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider 
Scotch 3M Foam Tape

Copic Markers: YR31 - YR21 - E31, E35 - E57 - E47 - E40 - E41 - E42 - E43 - YR15 - YR18


Faber Castell Polychrome Pencils: Ivory (103), Raw Umber (180), Bistre (179), Burnt Ochre (187), Burnt Sienna (283), Van-Dyck-Brown (176), Nougat (178), Walnut Brown (177), Dark Cadmium Orange (115), Naples Yellow (185), Warm Grey III (272), Cold Grey V (234), Cold Grey (235), Black (199)

Have a great day!

Marika

17 comments:

  1. So good to see you in action Marika! This is beautiful! Always in awe of your creations!
    Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you back Marika and your artistic skills certainly haven't diminished and are well in evidence here! I love the gold and bronzy tones you have used here.. really effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I've missed your posts, but I know how busy life can get. This is a stunner to come back to us with. I love the colours you've chosen. You really know how to bring out the best in these stamps! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I've missed your posts and am happy to hear everything is okay. Life does get busy. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Dawn, you are also one of my biggest inspirations! I watched this Video on the WPLUS9 Blog when it was posted but I will watch many times in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this card on Dawn's blog and immediately knew who created it. Goes without saying (but, of course, I will anyway) that your skill is beyond considerable and your attention to detail just knocks me for a loop. Stunning card and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stress to you how beautiful this card is Marika! You have been missed! Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marika, your talent and artwork has revolutionized our whole Stamping World! We all see our stamps in a new light, with new possibilities for design and colouring. Your beautiful work astonishes me and inspires all of us to keep learning and stretching our own talent. Thank you for the inspiration and joy your sharing has brought to our hearts and homes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card. Your talent for coloring blows me away.
    Love to watch you create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning as always. I have missed seeing your beautiful work. I hope to see more soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missing you, Marika! Gorgeous little friend you have there... I've not seen one comparable by my feeder!!! xx I saved a cup of coffee for you!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Marika, your work is absolutely stunning, and I love to see anything you do. So glad Dawn asked you to guest for WPlus9! LOVE your work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand the busy life, Marika, but I'm glad you had time to make this gorgeous little number.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colouring skills are unbelievable, Marika!!! Your hummingbird are the flowers look fantastic and I really like the colours you have worked with!!!
    Hope things are a bit more relaxed by now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Marika....just wanted you to know that you are greatly missed! I do pray everything is going "the way you want" and that you are happy (take it from someone who is much older than you). I still watch your YT tutorials because no matter how many times I watch it, your attention to detail is absolutely incredible! Sending you a big hug from Canada and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete