Thursday 3 December 2015

Rustic Scene with Penny Black

Hello!

I'm here to share a card with a stamp from Penny Black as mentioned earlier this week. As some of you may remember, I was lucky enough to be asked to guest design for Penny Black in Christmas in July- event a half a year ago. Then, I quite felt that I had gotten a few stamps that I didn't quit did justice back then, so I'm here to correct my error and tried again. LOL! First one of those was/is this Snowy Hamlet stamp. 

Stamps used: Snowy Hamlet and Beauty of the Season.


Stamps used: Snowy Hamlet and Beauty of the Season.
Firstly, I stamped the Snowy Hamlet with light brown ink onto a smooth card stock. Then I die cut it with a square die. I used my go-to colouring technique at the moment: I laid down my base layer with copic markers and then added details with coloured pencils. I think I did the coloured job for this particular image way too complex - as far as the main church image is concerned. The areas that can be coloured in are so tiny that the copic base layer doesn't really show, but it can be seen better in the mountains, sky and the snow. For colouring wise, I used cool greys for the mountains. After putting down the base colour, I noticed that it looked way too blue compared to the rest of the image and the feel in the image. Then corrected the error for going over it with warm grey marker and it toned it down and I liked the result. Then I used the same technique for the sky, first I went over with C1 marker, added some yellowish glow to the horizon and then went over with warm grey marker to make it toned down. After the whole image was coloured, I took my white jelly roll pen and went crazy with it adding snowy details. LOL! 

Then I partially stamped the trees from the same stamp to my card front to make it look like continuing scene. The main coloured image was then adhered to a piece of craft foam and popped up a bit. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Snowy Hamlet and Beauty of the Season by Penny Black
Dies: Pierced Square Die-namics from My Favourite Things
Inks: Desert Sand Memento Ink, Versafine Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black
Card Stock: Canson Bristol 190mgs Smooth Card Stock, Bazzil Textured Card Stock, Neenah Desert Storm 80b Card stock

Copic Markers: Brown and the shadows in the snow: E40 - E42 - E43 - E44, Green: YG91 - YG95, Yellow: YR31, Mountains: 0 - C0 - C1 - C3 - W1, Sky: C1 - YR31 - N0 - N1 - W1, Shadows in the church: W1 - W3

Faber Castell Coloured Pencils: Venetian Red (190), Dark Red (225) Earth Green Yellowish (168), Pine Green (267), Green Opaque (174), Black (199), Dark Naples Ochre (184), Warm Grey II (271), Warm Grey V (274), Van-Dyck-Brown (176), Raw Umber (180), Walnut Brown (177)

I noticed that the theme at the SSS Wednesday challenge is "Let it snow!". I'll link this to their challenge as well.

Thank you for stopping by today! 

I'll be back very soon with another stamp from Penny Black that I thought I didn't quite do justice in July... a little hint.. it is a flower! :) Until then, enjoy your day! 

Hugs,
Marika

31 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Marika! This looks like a painting! You are a remarkable artist and I am so grateful you share your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning - it really looks like it's been painted. It's so beautiful. I particularly like the way you've done the trees on the front of the card as it adds interest and the main image doesn't look so stark on its own. Gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Marika and I love the brown inked trees stamped on that kraft base card which makes a fantastic background for the beautifully coloured focal image. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the things you color and put together. Another beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! Your coloring is so amazing with all the beautiful detail. And I love the brown stamped trees for your background--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding me??? The coloring on each centimeter of this creation is dead-on perfect. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, your colors and excellent. Using the trees is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marika......on Nov. 23 you posted 3 different cards featuring Atenew's "Beautiful Lady".....I am mesmerized by the blue and pink cards. Could you possibly do a video? I can't "see" how your did the blue card. Pink I understand...maybe. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, this little snowy scene is so beautifully colored and your layout is spot on perfect!!!
    Thank you for sharing Marika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't be so hard on yourself. This looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so realistic, and gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Marika. I could look at the detail in this for hours! You have definitely done this image justice - and I remember your beautiful Penny Black cards from earlier and they were stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring skills are great Marika, I just thought this was a printed picture instead of a handcoloured stamped image, superb work! Always love to see your work, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is absolutely stunning Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Marika, you are truly a master at coloring! This card is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marika, the detail in the close up picture is simply beyond beautiful! A work of art it is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful and I love your clever design:) It's been ages since I have been over to visit you, but I have loved seeing all your wonderful creations.....you are truly an inspiration - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in complete awe of our colouring, this is BEAUTIFUL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous card Marika, a gorgeous design with a super monochrome background and a stunning, beautiful image!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is STUNNING!! The coloring is breathtaking. Wow, wow, wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is incredibly beautiful. Thank you for sharing it and telling how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so beautiful. Amazing coloring.

    ReplyDelete