Tuesday 10 March 2015

Altenew Designer

Hello my crafty friends!

Today I have an amazing and exciting news to share with you. 



I am so excited to announce that I am a part of Altenew Design Team! I am so thrilled and honoured of this opportunity to work with this group of very talented people and with one of my favourite stamp companies. Thank you Tasnim and Jennifer for asking me. 

Altenew is announcing the team within these two weeks in every other day so please check out the Altenew blog to see the rest of the team! There are pretty awesome ladies there! 

I have a card to share as well. Since, it's for the Altenew Design Team Introduction I wanted to make something that has all the things that I love at the moment and here it is: flowers with watercolours!


Stamp sets used: Lacy Scrolls and Sketchy Rose.




I started drawing a circle with my pencil and stamped bigger flowers from Lacy Scrolls with Spun Sugar onto a watercolour paper. I stamped the leaves from the same set with Black Soot - I stamped the third (or fourth) generation onto the panel - to achieve a very very light image. Then I started adding shading with my watercolour set. After, I cut the window with my craft knife and trimmed the a little border off from both edges. I stamped the sentiment from Sketchy Rose with black pigment ink. Then I adhered a black card stock underneath the watercolour panel and then adhered the whole panel onto my card base. 

I filmed this while I coloured it but my Spun Sugar DI is so dry that it hardly left any stamped image onto a paper so I really had to colour very closely to paper so the filming was unsuccessful. That is also the reason why I had to improvise in the middle of the flowers. BUT, I'll promise to make successful video with this technique, this really isn't that difficult as it may seem. In my opinion, this is one of my best cards that I have ever made and I am so pleased with the outcome - although it bled at the top but I consider it to be beauty spot.. LOL!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lacy Scrolls and Sketchy Rose by Altenew
Cardstock: Canson Watercolor paper 180g/m2, Papermania Premiun Texured Cardstock
Inks: Spun Sugar and Black Soot Distress Inks, Versafine Onyx Black
Watercolours: Kuretake Gansai Tambi: no. 34, 36 (pinks) and 20 (black)
Card base: Papermania A6 300gsm

Tools:
Hanart no.0 watercolour brush
Acrylic blocks
Craft knife
Paper trimmer
Stamp-a-magic

Thank you for sharing these wonderful news with me. Have an amazingly great day! See you soon!

Marika

30 comments:

  1. Honestly, the prettiest card I've seen with this stamp. It's just incredibly beautiful. Congrats on you new DT assigment with Altenew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOHOO!!!! Huippu-uutinen! Onnea!! (tai oikeesti, Altenew'tahan mun pitäisi onnitella sun nappaamisesta..) Sinä ja Altenew'n leimat ootte kyllä "match made in heaven", mä todella innolla odotan, mitä kaikkea sä saat niillä aikaan (ja samaan aikaan mun luottokortti vapisee kauhusta.. ;D ). Tämäkin kortti on upea, oikea taideteos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely stunning - always! And this one is breath taking. A huge congrats on your DT spot at Altenew.. You truly fit together! And I can't wait to see more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card, love the pink and grey colour combo...congrats on joining the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunningly beautiful card Marika! Huge congratulations on joining the DT :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutely gorgeous card, Marika! When Altenew started revealing their DT, I thought of you and am so glad that you are on the team. Your watercolour cards with Altenew stamps are just beautiful and this is another great example :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a True Beauty!! Altenew would have been INSANE to pass you up as a team member!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is beautiful and you should be very proud of it. Thank you for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the Altenew design team!! This card is STUNNING!! I love your watercoloring and the black soot leaves. Really nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another of your amazing beauties, Marika! I love this card and you're rightly proud of it. I'm so happy for you to have become a member of the Altenew team. Huge congrats to you! I'm really excited to see what you'll come up with to inspire us with. It is because of you in the first place that I discovered the real beauty of this company's stamps and now I cannot wait to get hold of some of them (unfortunately all of my favorites are sold out at the moment). Thanks so much for all of your inspiration and for all the kind comments you've left on my blog recently! Hugs, Sonja :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marika,

    I am so excited about you becoming a design member to Altenew! I ADORE your work, congratulations!
    I am the one pestering you for videos of your AWESOME work, PLEASE indulge me!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really don't know how you do it....one amazing card after another. This is stunning! Congrats on your new team and they are beyond lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marika + Altenew = a match made in heaven!
    Congratulations... I cannot wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marika, you card just takes me breath away! It is just beautiful! I love the technique, but I think I love your color choice even more - using the black for the leaves just brings out a gorgeous elegance to the entire design!

    I can't wait to see what else you create! Congratulations on being selected for the Altenew Design team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Marika! I am not surprised though - you make Altenew stamps shine! And this card is another amazing example.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your card is breathtaking! Congratulations on your new DT position :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad that Altnew found you & better yet...I'm glad I have found you now! Eager to see your videos, too. Thank you & congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Your card is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so happy for you, Marika!! You are such a wonderful fit for that team... and I love that I'll see even more of your gorgeous cards!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marika, your card is simply stunning! Congratulations on your appointment to the Altnew Design Team - it's so deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marika, this surely is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen from you!!!! Simply STUNNING!!!! Your watercolouring is great!!! Love this card a LOT!!!!
    Congrats on the DT spot!!! They are lucky to have you in their team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marika, congratulations!!! What great news!!! I love the Altenew stamps and to be honest, I just ordered a few more after I saw a few of your cards :-)
    Love your cards and I love to see more in the future - made with Altenew stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful, you are the perfect match for Altenew's wonderful stamps, just look at this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your new design team :) I'm your newest follower and am looking forward to seeing what else you create!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's no surprise you've been snapped up by Altenew! huge congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Huge congratulations! I kind of sensed it when I saw your Atlenew GD post, u make such amazing cards who wouldn't want you to be on their team :) This card is just another piece of ur fabulousness :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Marika! They are very lucky to have you designing for them - they have amazing stamps and you really bring them to life! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my God I've missed so much of your stuff!! and it's all sooo good!! These beautiful watercolor flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete