Saturday 17 January 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #106 and CASology #129

Good Evening!


This is my entry to the CAS(E) this Sketch #106
and to the CASology #129

This card was CTS Favourite.
Well, there is a reason why I colour images almost in every one of my cards - and I usually use "no line colouring"-tecnique. The reason is that I really can't stamp. :) When I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch this week I immediately knew that I wanted to use Altenew's Label Love for this card. I still think it really is cool design BUT this is my second attempt and I really can't do better than this. Sorry. 

Anyhow I started with stamping the Just for you- label either Black Versafine or Memento London fog. For the first attempt I used second generation stamping for the gray ones, I liked the colour better but the way that I was able to stamp it was so horrible that I had to use grey ink. All the labels are heat embossed with either Clear Embossing powder (black) or Clear Matt Dull (grey). I die cut some little tiny hearts and coloured them into black and grey. For the main sentiment I used Red Versafine and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing powder. And that's it.

Not really my usual style - no flowers, tiny bit of colour and not colouring at all. Refreshing, but I think I will stick in my usual style...

I will link this to
CASology #129 - NBUS - I used stamps Just for you and Congrats from Label Love for the first time.

Edit: My blogfriend, Sarah, reminded me that there are challenge for masculine cards going on this week SSS Wednesday challenge. Thank you, Sarah! I will enter this also to

Simon Says It's a Guy Thing - a masculine card

Here are the challenges' graphics:



Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day!

Marika

22 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! I think your stamping perfectly fits this style of stamp and looks a bit industrial. I can see that lots of masking went on here and this is a very clever way to use the sketch. I tried this sketch yesterday and put it to one side as it wasn't coming together at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Marika! Love your clever use of label love and the pop of red. You could also go for SSS Wednesday Challenge as it is masculine cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to 'avoid' stamping (at least directly onto my project) but now I don't seem to think about it too much and I figure if it's not right, well, I can always do it again lol. Your design is so striking and a PERFECT take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, SUPERB take on the challenge!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology in the NBUS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words. This card is absolutely, out-of-the-box creative!! I LOVE it. Those label dies are perfect for that sketch. I wish I thought of it!! I am going to CASE this. Awesome take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card rocks my socks off!! DUDE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so well done. I love the sort of distress look of your stamping. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do any style beautiful Marika!
    I LOVE this graphic look! And that pop of red... it stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tämähän on ihan mielettömän hieno! Upeaa graafista leimailua. Minä(kään) en oikein osaa pelkästään leimaillen tehdä korttia mutta ei mun onnettomista yrityksistä kyllä näin hienoja tule... ;) Lisää näitä, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are all beautiful, Marika!!!
    I have just become your latest follower!!! Looking forward to enjoy all of your work in future!!!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! You did a fabulous job with your stamping and with this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the best thing about blogging is expanding our horizons. My cards are so different that they were two years ago. Keep on trying and some cards will be better than others, but let share them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is really cool - i like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all those tags, a wonderful graphic card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is FABULOUS!!! You could not have found a more perfect stamp set for your technique, or the sketch... wow... thanks for joining us at CTS!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, CLEVER! I love how you've used the shape of the stamps to nail the sketch! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love, love, love this! What a fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card!! Such an amazing design!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the black and grey, awesome design !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Mirika, I am just finding you now. What rock I've been living under? Your work is stunning!! I have found that most stamps need a good scrub with a sanding block before any ink will adhere to them when new. It could be the reason you aren't getting a good image. Just a thought. I will now be a subscriber to your blog and Pinterest. Thank you for sharing your beautiful talents.

    ReplyDelete