Thursday 6 November 2014

Muse Challenge #92 and Fusion Card Challenge - Embossed Ombre

Good Evening!

First of all, thank you for your kind comments. They warmed my heart, they really did! Kelly, I think we are kindred spirits.. You are just the greatest! :D Thank you all for making me look at that card again in a different light. Just to explain a few things, I was not on any kind of spiritual substance, I just have two really adorable monsters at home who happens to share half of my own genes which usually means that they are the greatest human beings finding the best ways to annoy and irritate you! My darling girls! What comes to that particular card, I had this great vision how that owl card should look like and then when I put it together and looked at it, it was nothing like that. With the preheated annoyance already existing... well let's say that the card got more than it really deserved. Thank you for your understanding and kind words! 

Well, here are today's outcome. 

This is my entry to the Muse Challenge #92 and
to the Fusion Card Challenge - Embossed Ombre.

This card was in Top 3 at the Muse and got 
Honorable Mention at the Fusion.

The inspiration for this card comes from Muse. Instantly, when I saw that card I knew what I wanted to do. This design isn't new, this has been made many times before this, but I've always looked at them with awe! This is my take on it. I also saw the ombre cake at the Fusion and took the colour theme from their challenge. 

Those flowers are Persian Motifs from Altenew. I embossed the background with Superfine Silver Embossing Powder by Ranger. That stuff just gives the best outcome. I watercolored the flowers with distress inks: Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Black Soot. The sentiment is also from Altenew set called Sketchy Rose. 

Here are the challeges' graphics:


Thank you for stopping by today! I am always pleased to hear what you think. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Marika

38 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! Love the gorgeous shading and use of open and coloured flowers! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm... your card is absolutely BRILLIANT! and gorgeous and creative and well... BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... Why didnt I buy these at Altenew? Because this is the most lovely card ever, wow Thanks so much for Joining us at FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy oh boy this is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another absolute beautiful creation! I really get excited when I see your posts in my reader Marika! Your coloring is fab and this is perfect for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colouring Marika - just beautiful. So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This card is so beautiful! Fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness....wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, another gorgeous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just floored by your beautiful card! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the black and white merging into the colorful middle! Great design on this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning inspired card -- the ombre spotlighting is amazing! Thanks for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Perfect! Love the use of this stamp set and coloured vs non-coloured flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card looks amazing and I love your clever design xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your card is stunning! What a great interpretation of the Muse, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - love the highlighted panel :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simply beautiful great job :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marika this is absolutely gorgeous... if it has been done... you've just out-done it!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! Very simple and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card. Such eye catching style and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely beautiful! I love your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. STUN-NING!! The colouring is divine Marika.

    ReplyDelete
  24. stunning, beautiful, love the spotlight! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVELY.
    Your design and choice of colors is perfection!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marika congrats on your win at MUSE your card is WONDERFULL I am speechless your coloring sooo adorable...love to visit your blog again...hugs, Monika

    PS: hope you like to visiting me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It really is a stunner! I love the colors you chose and I think I have to visit Altenew.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card is beautiful. I love the flowers and I love the colors your used. The layout is also very nice. Can you tell me where I can buy this stamp? cissylovato@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just saw this card for the first time today and I have to say it's one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello,

    This is such a lovely card! How did you do the stamping please?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all your work. Have watched for years by now. You are so talented and I have leaned a lot from you.
    I do not have Copic Markers though. I do substitute, work with Water colored and none water colored pencils and other inks as well. Thanks for sharing all your work.

    ReplyDelete