Sunday 2 November 2014

Inkspirational Challenge #68 - Owls

Good evening everyone!

My entry to the Inkspirational Challenge #68.
This card was one of the Top Picks at the challenge.

Today I am back with this card that I made for Inkspirational Challenge #68. I was inspired by the owls in the picture and even though I've understood, owls are loners I wanted to have some owl fun. These owls are from Purple Onion Designs and I coloured them with Derwent Inktense Pencils. I made logs from a birch stamp just drawing in the ends of the logs. I used Memento Cantaloupe, Lulu Lavender, Versacolor Sky blue inks to create the background scene. 

At the end, I think I had a good idea with the owls standing on top of each other but I don' think I really like the end result. Maybe this card would have been better without the background - truly Clean and Simple. It just looked so empty that way.. And I think the logs look like they have survived from nuclear explosion... too much shading I guess.

Anyhow here is the challenge graphic:


Thank you for stopping by today and Have a wonderful day!

Marika

15 comments:

  1. Oh, no, please don't be dissatisfied with your card, Marika. It's absolutely wonderful! I truly love it, even the logs. It's such a wonderful idea to stamp them that way. The first thing I did on seeing your card was simle. So please be proud of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Täähän on ihan huippu! Nuo pöllöt on aivan mahtavia ja taustamaisema juurikin hyvä, ihana talvinen taivas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No!!! the background makes this card so very successful! I think you should teach me to do that! Love the 3 owls! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minustakin tää on aivan ihana eikä koivut ole lainkaan ydinräjähdyksen jäljiltä.! Aivan upea tausta, pitäisi itsekin taas yrittää näitä taustoja kun tulee niin nättiä nopeesti. Ennustan CASEausta tämän layoutin tiimoilta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this adorable card! I smiled as soon as I saw it and marveled at your beautiful coloring. I think the logs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background, the colours are stunning and so creative to make the bunch of logs from tree stamps. So pleased you joined us at Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! Those owls are adorable and I think your background and logs look great! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um . . .this might not be the platform to ask but I have to know . . .are you on drugs?! This thing is gorgeous! The background is beautiful and those logs look amazing. Throw in those adorable owls and it's perfect. Don't like the end result . . .weirdo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an artistic card! I just love all those little owls . . . I'm with Kelly, it's perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable and perfect in every way. You are way too hard on yourself. I just love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I think it turned out really well! Great idea to fashion the birch trees into logs. It's a really captivating scene you created. I also really enjoyed your glow-in-the-dark card from the last Fusion Challenge ... hope you can join us again sometime! There's a new challenge up today : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card and would not change a thing! Thank you for sharing your card with us. Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on winning with us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marika your card is soo soo cuuuteeee and congrats on being top three at the Inkspirational your card really nice with that scene and change from owl to be other animal...your blog is adorable too...love to jump again to your other post...must learn from you how to coloring flower :)

    ReplyDelete